Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Random Wednesday

Some random thoughts from my ever wondering mind this morning....

  • I went and did my weekly (ok....sometimes bi-weekly, or even tri-weekly... yes I know I have a problem) trip to Wal-mart yesterday afternoon.  And, I noticed that they had changed my wal-mart... they added all of these end of the aisle displays... you know, the catch your attention kind to make you buy junk you hadn't planned on.  Well, I fell sucker to one, and came home with an almost 2 pound bag of trail mix.  Who really needs a bag of trail mix that big?  Apparently I do.  And thus, I've been eating on it most of the morning.  There's gotta be something healthy about nuts, berries, and chocolate, right?
  •  The sun is shining today...Spring is almost here, and man it cannot come soon enough.  This pasty, white girl needs to see the sun again.  Dustin keeps calling us (and not intending to be racial here) the pale russian couple.  My palest makeup shades are making me look orange... and that's just never good. It's kinda like when you've gained and few pounds, and you're jeans are too tight.  You refuse to buy bigger ones because you just know (ha) you're gonna drop the pounds.  I refuse to by lighter makeup... and mostly because they probably don't make it any more pale anyway. 
  • This morning while getting ready for work, I was remembering a time when a couple was prayed for...their business was struggling financially.  That night while praying for them, I listened to several people pray for their business to rebound and for them to have abundant finances.  And- if that is the Lord's will... awesome.  But I started thinking... what if that is not the Lord's will.  What if He has something else for them to walk through... that isn't as easy.  Will they doubt the Lord's faithfulness to them after what they have been looking for?  What if the Lord has a different plan for that business? What if He has something different for them to do?                                                                                I've walked down my own road with this question.  I saw that for some reason, the Lord did not have in His plan for my husband to get another job after he lost his. It's been 7 months.  It wasn't easy... there have been a lot of frustrated prayers.  But we have learned so much about the character of God and the body Christ- that we wouldn't have learned if life had been different. And I mean, learned life changing stuff.  So, this got me thinking about being content. Contentment in the place that God has chosen for you to be in right now. Content to learn from what is now. Not questioning God... not begging to get out... but being ok with it.                                                                                          Paul was content to be persecuted!:  For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.  2 Cor. 12:10                                                                                                                                               Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:11-13                                             Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment... 1 Tim. 6:6
  All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.  Psalm 25:10

3 comments:

Amanda said...

A few comments...

- I need that much trail mix apparently because I buy it too!! So, I'm right there with you, and I have been eating at work all day too! Which makes me very thirsty, so I drink tons of water, which makes me have to go to the bathroom...etc... so maybe I shouldn't eat it?

- I went to Amy Head, where I buy my makeup and told them I needed more base, because I did and that was all I intended to buy. Then I looked at the powder a shade lighter than mine and it was perfect for my pale skin.. but I refused - just like you!!! I'm going to need my darker shade eventually! And I didn't waste money.

- thanks for the reminder about being content. After Kyle talked about the persecuted church last Thursday it really made me question if I would be content and joyful about being persecuted and killed for Christ. I pray that I would, but it made me think...

lynsie said...

There's so much comfort in knowing that your friends are walking through the same season as you. I love it so. How it looks slightly different on the exterior, but take a look in and the lessons learned have an uncanny resemblance. How beautiful of the Lord to allow it this way ;)

Love you

Just call me D said...

wow megan, this post really resonated with me. keith is always quick to remind me that what looks like blessing from a worldly point of view isn't always a blessing from a spiritual one. some of the hardest things i've walked through have been the best in the end. funny how it works that way.

and ps... the trail mix gets me every time too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails