Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

money saving adventures

I've been labeled a blog slacker yet again... sorry mom.  By the way, you are probably the only person who reads this anyway : ) just kidding... I know of 3 others... grandma included : )

I debated on posting this... but I feel bad for keeping it all to myself.  So, for those of my friends not yet into what I call "robbing the drug store," just wait... you'll catch the bug.  This has become my favorite hobby.  I study, create a game plan, and then conquer.  The reason I debated on posting this...  I've learned this week that there are a lot more of you doing this than I once thought.  I had one item to purchase at a drug store that was going to be a good buy.  And Sunday night, they were out already! (the deals reset Sunday morning).  Crazy.  I have a feeling there are some other women wayyy more into this than me, that wait for the doors to open Sunday morning so that they can beat me.  Oh well.  I still came out really good this week.

Catching up... this is last week's plunder:



And... grand out of pocket total for this- $5.08!  Value - $30


And here's this week's plunder:



And my grand total was just about $2 out of pocket.  I just had to pay tax! Value - $40 (yes!)

Because I know you are thinking it- no I don't need pull-up diapers... but I have friends with babies who can use them.  And no, I don't need this much body wash, and no I don't want to smell like mens body wash... but I'm already working on an idea of making care baskets with all the basic stuff that I'm getting every week to give away.

I'm telling you... you'll get hooked.
Knowing that that kind of money can be saved, I'm starting to really hate going to my beloved Walmart and pay full price for anything.  It's affecting all areas of my shopping habits... I went to Target this morning and grabbed a cute $3 skirt on clearance!

These are a few websites that help me save money that I love!
http://www.southernsavers.com/
http://moneysavingmom.com/
http://myfrugaladventures.com/

{And for any of you who are the pros at this ( I know you are out there!) I'd love to know any other helpful websites!}



Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.  Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.  Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit,  serve the Lord.  Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.  Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.  Romans 12:9-13

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm getting better! I went and got a Sunday paper yesterday and clipped coupons! You did way way better than me - I couldn't find the colgate coupon...:( But I got the herbal essences and aussie and toothpaste anyway... I got 4 items for $3... lol! I love it too... I just have to get better at it!

Thanks for the encouragement! I admire your skills...

Meg said...

yay! I'm nothing to admire : )

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails