So teach us to number our days
that we may get a heart of wisdom. Ps. 90:12
I feel like every time I sit down to write, I can say "well, not much has been going on with us."... and then I realize we sound kind of pathetic. We have had stuff going on, I just don't want to bore you with the mundane details. But then again, isn't that was this whole blogging thing is about...my two readers to seem to seemingly care about those details.
Oh, and speaking of people who care...one of my newest blog world converts is Dustin. I know he cares about my mundane because it's his too...I'm married to him.
So check out his blog Burningforrevival.blogspot.com.
On to more meaningful things. I wanted to let you in on what I have been thinking on for the last few days.
I have been thinking about a part of the song Hosanna. If you have never heard it, you should, and you can listen to it below.
"Heal my heart and make it clean, open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how to love like you've loved me. Break my heart for what breaks Yours. Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause. As I walk from earth into eternity." Those are the words of the bridge of the song, and these words have been resounding over and over again in my head.
Pretty much a prayer of surrender.
But the part that has been getting at me is the last phrase as I walk from earth into eternity. I'm on my way to eternity.
I took this and ran with it in two different directions.
One, being that there will be a moment in time where we all are brought up to be with the Father forever.
"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed." 1 Corinthians 15:52
'Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." 'John 14:6
"And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done." Revelation 20:12
I pray that you are prepared for this moment...there is nothing more important than this in the world. We will stand before the Father either covered and justified by the blood of Christ or we will stand on our own- and face the wrath of a holy God. (Revelation 20:12-15, Romans 10:9)
Second and the main thought that I've been chomping on: being that with every step I take, I am one more step closer to eternity. Every minute, every day that goes by is one that is done and will never be back. Every morning I get up, I'm not younger, I'm older (ha. even despite the ways we try to stop or slow it!) So, in light of the fact that with every moment that goes by I'm getting closer to the end, am I living like I know this?
"Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes." James 4:14
"For my days pass away like smoke.." Psalm 102:3
“Remember that my life is a breath..." Job 7:7
I promise I'm not trying to be a downer...I'm just trying to be real. This is reality whether I like to think about it or not. My life, my time here, is very short compared to the time line of history past and present.
So, if my life is just like a shot of air freshener, here for just a second, and then never seen again... what am I doing that will make a lasting impression? Forgive me for the weird analogy, but what fragrance will I leave behind? I'm not saying that I'm going to to go out and do things to get people to like me. Not saying to make sure people miss me and say nice things about me when I'm gone.
I am saying... Am I living with eternity in mind? Am I living every day thinking that I've got to be living for what matters...this is my one shot.
Will your life stand the test? Will what you have done stand when tested by fire? "Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw— each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done." 1 Corinthians 3:12-13
I read through some of Ecclesiastes today where the writer is discussing what truly matters in life...you should check it out. (way too much to discuss here, now, i've already made this the longest post ever.) But he ends it by saying basically here's the bottom line...
"The end of the matter, all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil." Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
And by the way... the God that created the universe loves you! That's a comforting thought...
"But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him..." Psalm 103:17
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment