"How are you going to impact the world with your one life?"
Last week, I was thinking on the hard fact that I've got one life...it'll be over quickly (James 4 calls my life a mist, and Job 7 calls it a vapor)...and it's got to count.
So how do I make my life count?
D. and I recently listened to this (video below), and I think it will answer every bit of that question.
(fyi, this is David Platt, at brookhills church.)
(warning, this is only the audio, with cheesy pictures popping up over it...so ignore the cheese factor.)
Make. Disciples. "this is Jesus' plan to impact the nations for His glory."
It's not get a great job...marry a great man...be a good wife...raise successful children...get a nice house...go to a big church...run big programs...be busy all the time...give lots of money to the poor...stash up a large savings account...
He made it pretty simple for us... make disciples...all the time... everywhere... teach them My Word. That's it.
(The rest of the message is posted on youtube if you'd like to hear the rest of the series. It's broken up "david platt make disciples #1", #2, #3, #4, etc).
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment