Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

globophobia

 Globophobia... the fear of balloons.  
It would appear that little E-man has a case of  globophobia. His first encounter with a balloon was at his Uncle B's house last weekend when he went to meet cousin Liam.  They had been gifted with some plants and "welcome baby" balloons... and E-man kind of just shrinked away from the fun, shiny mylar balloon.  I really didn't think much of this- until yesterday.  I had a great idea... I'm getting his birthday party invitations printed, and there is a place for a picture of the birthday boy.  I had seen ideas for a first birthday, of taking photos of the child with a bundle of fun colored balloons.  "this will be so cute" I thought.  Ha.  First mistake I made was making him stand there and watch the guy at Party City blow them up.  The loud machine scared the kid half to death.  He jumped and winced every time he blew up a new one.  
Later on that afternoon, after E had a play date with Rena and Mir, I thought he'd be in a happy mood to take the "fun" pictures.  Well... the kid was terrified of the balloons.  He would not even touch them...  He eventually just sat there (when we tied the balloons behind him) and looked at us as if to say "why in the world are you subjecting me to this?"




E-man with one arm behind Rena's back, grasping her... poor kid.  I'm pretty terrible making him do that : )




Mir Mir trying to show E that it's fun...







See E they are fun : )

This was the best one we were able to get.  It was later on that evening when we were at home.  It kind of looks like a grin on his face... but it's not : )  He was whining for me to pick him up.  But we'll pretend he is grinning!



And the crying begins... I decided I should probably stop making him mad and pick him up : )



As my mom pointed out.. at least I know one area of his party that I will be saving my money on! We will not have any balloons at the first birthday bash!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails